Benefits of Olive Oil Hair Mask: Olive oil has always been a recipient of admiration and praise from people all over the world, such are its benefits that people can’t stop gushing over it. From cooking to dressing up salads and perking up the hair this wonderful product packs all the goodness in one bottle or jar.
Virgin Olive oil is considered one of the best remedies for hair issues like hair fall and breakage. It has moisturizing properties which keep the hair hydrated and fresh for longer durations of time. The best way to take advantage of these properties of Olive oil is to use it as a hair mask. The hair mask is a kind of treatment for your hair where you keep the mixture on your hair for longer than usual depending on the mask and your goal.
This article will list some of the benefits of Olive oil hair masks and you can prepare different hair masks using olive oil and other ingredients at home depending on what you are trying to achieve.
- What are the Benefits of Surya Namaskar? Is it good to do Surya Namaskar Everyday?
- 7 Benefits of Sesame Seed Oil for Hair Growth in 2021
- Why Does Stretching Feel Good: Benefits, Exercises, Purpose of Stretching
Benefits of Olive Oil Hair Mask
- As mentioned above olive oil hair mask is great for restoring your hair’s moisture, plant proteins present in it help keep the hair moisturized, and a hair mask made of Olive oil and Honey can be the thing your hair needs. The combination of two is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant which helps lock in the moisture in the hair for longer durations than usual.
- How to make it:- Take 3 tbsp of Olive oil and 1 tbsp of honey and whisk them together until the mixture is smooth, if it’s still sticky you can add few more spoons of olive oil. Before applying it make sure to wash your hair with a shampoo and completely dry them out then divide your hair into sections and start applying the mixture onto them. Put a shower cap or a plastic wrap on your hair and keep it covered for 30 to 90 minutes. Once the time is up rinse it off with warm water and then follow up with your normal hair wash routine.
- A hair mask made of Olive oil and banana is a brilliant remedy for hair fall, the potassium and antioxidants present in it can reduce hair fall to a greater extent. The Fatty oils present in the oil help prevent moisture loss.
- How to make this mask:- Take 1 whole banana, peel it, chop it and make a puree of it with the help of a blender, then add a spoon of olive oil and blend together until you get a smooth texture. Wash your hair and apply this mixture on slightly damp hair make sure to cover all strands but focus on the ends more. Cover it with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes, once the time is up you can rinse it off with a conditioner. Use it once a week to repair your damaged hair.
- A hair mask made of olive oil, avocado repairs the dry and damaged hair and makes them soft and shiny free of any fuss.
- How to make this mask:- Take 1 ripe avocado and mash it in a bowl add one tbsp of olive oil to it and mix well till you get a consistent paste, you can also add a tbsp of honey to it for extra hydration. Wash your hair before applying this mask and apply it on damp hair focusing on roots and ends. Cover it with a shower cap and keep it on for 45-60 minutes once the time is up wash it off with a conditioner. You can use this once a month to rejuvenate your hair.
- A mixture of olive oil and coconut oil works wonders for chemically damaged hair and is prone to further damage. Use of this mask will soften your hair, smoothen out the rough edges, will detangle your hair, and moisturize them to the tips.
- How to make this mask:- You need 3 tbsps each of olive oil and virgin coconut oil. Pour the coconut oil into a bowl and heat it for about 5 seconds and then add olive oil to it and mix well. Divide your hair into four or six sections and massage the mask on them make sure to cover all the hair from root to tip. Use a wide-toothed comb to make sure the mask gets properly absorbed. Cover your hair with a shower cap after applying the mask and leave it on for 45 minutes. Once the time is up wash your hair with a shampoo and conditioner and follow up with a serum.
Olive oil has great benefits for hair and can make your hair look much better after just a few uses. You can try these masks according to your need go one by one go slow and you will see the results very soon.