What are the Benefits of Surya Namaskar: People who are really into yoga call Surya Namaskar “the ultimate asana”. Doesn’t matter if it is a professional yoga class or an amateur session Surya Namaskar will be a part of that. Surya Namaskar targets multiple muscles of the performer, strengthens the back, and is said to improve the blood circulation in the body.
Yogis and even the modern exercise experts recommend Surya Namaskar to their clients for better alignment and body strength. It might have become a rage in the modern world recently but it has been in practice for ages ancient yogis used to perform Surya Namaskar in the morning paying respect to the Sun god and getting their bodies ready for the day’s schedule.
This article will cover some of the benefits of Surya Namaskar and how it can be helpful for you. Sun is essential for life, different cultures have their ways of paying their respect to the sun, in India Surya Namaskar was a way to pay your respect to our planet’s parent star.
Benefits of Surya Namaskar
- One of the biggest benefits of Surya Namaskar is it sets an unalterable schedule for your day, including Surya Namaskar in your daily routine, which will make sure that you have to wake up early in the morning giving you a healthy and early start for the day.
- It is a full-body workout that burns more calories than any other activity done for the same duration. 10 minutes of Surya Namaskar burns 139 calories which are way more calories burned than say in 10 minutes of swimming or cycling. A 30 minute set of Surya Namaskar burns more than 400 calories way more than any other form of exercise done for the same duration.
- Regular practice of Surya Namaskar corrects your posture improves the overall balance of the body and its functions.
- Surya Namaskar also helps improve blood circulation in the body and ease off stress.
- As already covered above Surya Namaskar helps in toning and other functions of the body it helps improve digestion, improves the respiratory system, lymphatic system, tones abdominal muscles, spine, neck, shoulders and improves the overall posture of the body, and promotes flexibility.
- Doing multiple rounds of Surya Namaskar can help lose weight too, as it involves working out of most of the muscles in the body and burns a lot of calories. So It could really be a secret weapon in your arsenal to lose weight.
- It is also good for your skin as it improves the blood circulation in the body which helps bring out the glow in your skin, helps prevent elasticity of the skin, and helps delay wrinkles.
- Surya Namaskar can be really helpful for the woman who suffers from irregular menstrual cycles, practicing it regularly can help deal with those irregular cycles and period cramps that come with it.
Stay tuned with Trendy Kendy for more latest updates and news.