Coconut Milk for Hair Loss: Coconut as a food item is used widely across the world, coconut water is one yummy and healthy liquid while coconut oil gives hair the much-needed strength and shine. Coconut has one more byproduct that works wonders for hair and skin. Coconut milk is one healthy substitute for hair it provides hair with strength, shine and helps prevent many hair problems like hair loss.
Coconut milk for hair loss has gained quite a huge following among the experts and general public as well. Coconut milk is a rich superhouse of many nutrients like Vitamin C, B1, B3, B5, B6, and E, iron, calcium, sodium, selenium, magnesium, and phosphorous. It works as a great conditioner for the hair and gives them shine and luster.
This article will shed light on some of the benefits of Coconut Milk for hair loss and some ways in which you can use it for your hair benefits. Coconut milk has many ways and there are multiple ways it can be used to treat many hair problems.
- Best Foods That Make You Sleep Through at Night
- Best Benefits of Besan Facepack For Glowing & Clear Skin in 2021
- 8 Benefits of Carrot Juice for Skin Complexion and Hair
How to use Coconut Milk for Hair Loss
- First of all, let’s discuss how to prepare coconut milk at home while you can buy it from the market as well it is advised to make it at home. Grate one full coconut, one cup of shredded coconut will give you 2 cups of coconut milk. Put the shredded coconut in the blender and make a smooth paste with a consistent texture. Put a pan on the stove with water in it when it comes to boil put that water in the blender and mix it well with the paste. Now take a strainer or a muslin cloth to strain out the liquid. This extracted liquid is coconut milk store in a jar and keeps refrigerated. Now let’s look at few benefits and ways coconut milk can be used for hair loss.
- Coconut milk is a great conditioner, it gives the hair shine, strength, and long length. You can use make a homemade conditioner with coconut milk. You can make a hair mask at home with coconut milk, olive oil, and an egg. Take a cup of coconut milk, 1 tbsp of olive oil, and an egg in a large bowl. Mix all of these ingredients together to create a consistent paste. Apply it on your scalp first then on the rest of the hair. Let it stay for 20 minutes then rinse it off with cold water. This will give your hair the much-needed shine and strength.
- You can also make a hair mask with coconut milk and honey in this one you get the conditioning prowess of coconut milk and goodness for honey for your hair. This mixture will make your hair smooth and shiny. Take 6tbsp of coconut milk and 3 tbsp of honey, mix them well in a bowl and apply the mixture on your scalp first and then on to your hair. Let it stay for 20-25 minutes then rinse it off with water. You will notice smooth and shiny hair from the first use.
- Coconut milk is rich in protein and lauric acid both help coconut milk penetrate the hair and scalp easily both help strengthen the hair from cuticles to the tips. Protein supports enriching the keratin strength of the hair and makes them stronger and shinier.
- Coconut milk with avocado and honey can be a great moisturizer for your hair and scalp. Take 6 tbsp of coconut milk, one avocado and 2 tbsp of honey put all of these together in a blender to form a thick consistent paste. Apply it on your scalp and the rest of the hair. Apply it on the wet hair and make sure to comb it through the hair. Let it rest for 20 minutes and then wash it off with water. Once your rinse it off you will see the difference after the first use only.
- Vitamin E oil, egg along coconut milk can help prevent hair loss. Eggs and Vitamin E oil are great for hair nourishment and when mixed with coconut milk can help prevent hair loss. Take 1 tbsp of Vitamin E oil, 7 tbsp of coconut milk, and one egg. Put the coconut milk and egg in a bowl and whisk the two till you get a mixture with a fluffy texture then add the vitamin E oil in the mixture. Apply it on your hair from roots to tips keep it on for at least an hour or as long as you can do then wash it off with shampoo in cold water.
- To promote hair growth make a mask of black pepper, methi, and coconut milk. For preparing this mask grate a medium-sized coconut and simmer it on a pan for 5-6 minutes, strain off the liquid and let it cool then add one tbsp each of black pepper and crushed methi into the milk and apply it on your hair. Leave it on for 20-25 minutes then wash it off with a shampoo and cold water.
Coconut milk can be found in the market as well you can use it too if you don’t want to go through the tenuous process of making the coconut milk at home.