Why Does Stretching Feel Good? Stretching is one of the most underrated parts of working out, most of us don’t really pay much attention to stretching pre or post-workout but it in fact is one of the best ways to get your body warmed up or cooled down in order to avoid any injuries or mishaps.
Stretching primarily feels so good because it activates the parasympathetic nervous system and increases the flow of blood to the muscles and might even help in the release of endorphins that might help reduce pain and help improve the mood.
Benefits of Stretching Feels Good
There are many benefits of stretching and why stretching feels good, this article will highlight a few of them.
● Stretching helps increase the flexibility of your body, increase blood circulation. It can even help improve your posture and help improve your athletic performance.
● The most important thing stretching does is activate your parasympathetic nervous system which is responsible for the human body’s rest and digestion functions that helps induce the feeling of calmness and rest.
● Stretching also helps the release of endorphins. The central nervous system and pituitary gland produce these chemicals called endorphins. Endorphins bind with the human brain and help one feel euphoric.
● Stretching can also help in the release of stress, by activating the parasympathetic nervous system it helps alleviate the factors responsible for stress which can, in turn, make you feel calm and relaxed.
● There are many simple stretching exercises you can do that do not even require much effort but do watch a video of these exercises or ask an expert on how to do them properly in order to not do it wrong, these are the stretching exercises:-
1. Forward Bend
2. Low lunge
3. Seated Torso stretch
4. Neck rolls
5. Cobra Pose
- Best Foods That Make You Sleep Through at Night
- What are the Benefits of Surya Namaskar? Is it good to do Surya Namaskar Everyday?
There are a few things you need to be careful and aware of while doing these stretching exercises.
● Start with a low-intensity exercise in order to make your body get in the groove.
● Do not force any exercise on yourself do only the ones which feel natural to you and don’t involve you putting in too much extra effort.
● Make sure to make stretching an important and necessary part of your daily workout routine.